Transformer Insulation Assessment Using IDAX
• Fast and accurate moisture assessment in power transformers
• Well proven technology; IDA/IDAX units have been in field use 10+ years
• Reliable results at any temperature
• Automated analysis of moisture content and oil conductivity - decisions at your finger tip
• True frequency domain measurement for highest noise immunity
• Performs non-intrusive insulation testing of transformers, bushings, cables, and generators
The IDAX 300 measures the capacitance and tan delta/power factor of the insulation between power transformer windings at multiple frequencies. Plotting the results as a curve makes it possible to assess the condition of the oil and solid insulation, assess the moisture level in the solid insulation and other potential insulation problems. The test can be performed at any temperature.
The IDAX 300 provides an accurate and reliable condition assessment of insulation in transformers, bushings, generators and cables. The IDAX 300 system maximizes the outcome of maintenance activities allowing for load and service life optimisation.