Phynix Surfix FN Ferrous/Non Ferrous Coating ThicknessTester
The Surfix® portable gauge is designed for fast, practical and precise coating thickness measurement. It can be used for all types of varnish, paint and electroplated coatings on iron and steel as well as varnish, paint and anodising coatings on non-ferrous metals and on austenitic stainless steels. The Surfix® is suitable both for the laboratory and for use in harsh field conditions. The built-in IP52 safeguards guarantee protection against dust and dripping water. Never has gauge operation been so clear and so straightforward!
The Surfix® display uses the menu features of a mobile phone to provide simple, user-friendly operating instructions. A choice of languages - English, French or German - guarantees operator confidence and cuts out errors caused by language misunderstandings.
The innovative probe construction ensures non-destructive measurement of the most highly polished surfaces and soft coatings. Sensor contact pressure is uniform and kept to a minimum, so surfaces remain free from scratches and indentations.
With the Surfix®, data processing is just as easy as coating thickness measurement. No cables required - data can be transferred to a notebook or other equipment via an infrared interface. There is no need for an unmanageable collection of leads and no time wasted in attaching cables.
How can you benefit from the Surfix®?
Wherever coatings are applied - whether on visual and aesthetic grounds, to prevent corrosion or for functional and mechanical purposes - coating thickness represents one of the essential criteria of quality assessment.
The Surfix® is ideal for speedy, non-destructive and exceptionally precise coating thickness measurement:
- in paintshops and for electroplaters
- for wet and powder coating operations
- in the automobile/automobile parts industry
- for incoming material inspection, during production and for final inspection procedures
- in development engineering and expert assessment
- in laboratory and field operations
||Compact and innovative in its design, the Surfix® features a clear overview of the operating menu with an easy-to-read display.
Simply place the probe on a coated metal object for immediate non-destructive digital thickness measurement, unit-selectable in µm or mils.
The Surfix®is recommended for measurement of:
- all non-magnetic coatings such as varnish, paint, enamel, chrome, copper, zinc etc, on steel and iron (magnetic-induction principle)
- all electrically insulating coatings, such as lacquer, paint and anodising coatings on non-ferrous metals and stainless steel (eddy current principle)